TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR SURVEY SUBMISSIONS
By submitting material to Katahdin Fiber’s Service Zones Survey (the “Survey”) on https://katahdinfiber.com, you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
About Katahdin Fiber
Unless otherwise stated, the term "Katahdin Fiber” refers to Katahdin Fiber, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, and any and all of their affiliates and subsidiaries.
You acknowledge that Katahdin Fiber is the administrator (the “Administrator”) of Service Zones. Service Zones is a demand aggregation tool enabling the Administrator to collect grassroots’ desire for better broadband and pre-sell Internet connections in your area. Service Zones is proprietary software as a service of COS Systems Incorporated (“COS”) and all rights, title and interest in Service Zones is held by COS. You acknowledge that COS and/or its affiliates are not responsible or liable for your or the Administrator’s use, operation, access, maintenance, installation, or modification of Service Zones.
By submitting any response (“User Submission”) online in connection with completing the Survey, you hereby waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to any such User Submission, including any comments, photo, video, or other data or information submitted by you to the Website.
- You agree to provide your name, mailing address, telephone number and an e-mail address as a way of verifying the source of your posting and as an alternative method of communication if we need to direct additional help or resources to you.
- You agree to use your name when submitting your User Submission. Anonymous submissions will not be included in survey results.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Administrator at https://katahdinfiber.com/, and its affiliates, subsidiaries and related parties shall have the right, but not the obligation, to publish or display the result of your User Submission, in whole or in part, in any format or media, whether now known or hereafter developed.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Administrator (https://katahdinfiber.com/) may use, collect and assimilate the User Submission for any legitimate purposes including, without limitation, for statistical purposes and to improve its services and products.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Administrator (https://katahdinfiber.com/), and its affiliates, subsidiaries, related parties, sponsors and “champions” may contact you by telephone, e-mail and other methods to inform you about the progress on the project presented on (https://katahdinfiber.com/). A “Champion” is an end customer like you who has chosen to be involved in getting his or her neighbors interested in bringing high-speed internet to your area. You have the right to opt out of receiving future emails, text messages or telephone calls in accordance with applicable law. You do this by contacting the Administrator at https://katahdinfiber.com/.
- You agree that, in connection with your use of or response to this Survey, you will not submit any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy or that otherwise violates any law.
- You represent and warrant that any submission made by you in connection with this Survey is original to you and any publication of your User Submission by the Administrator (https://katahdinfiber.com/) or its affiliates, subsidiaries or licensees will not violate the intellectual property rights, including copyright, of any third parties.
- You are solely responsible for your User Submission.
- You hereby agree to hold the Administrator (https://katahdinfiber.com/), and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display of material submitted via this Survey.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Administrator shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make (or continue to make) publicly available any User Submission submitted by you, and may, in its sole discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any material submitted by you. The completion of the Survey and the User Submission will not result in any obligations of the Administrator (https://katahdinfiber.com/) to provide services or products.
- You acknowledge and agree that COS is a third party beneficiary of the rights and benefits granted to the Administrator under these Terms for Survey Submissions and shall be entitled to enforce all of these terms and conditions.
Use of Credits. Once you submit a completed Survey, you will be eligible for one credit solely to be used for obtaining one (1) month free internet service through Katahdin Fiber.
Credits expire twelve (12) months from date of issuance by a third party internet service provider (“ISP”), meaning any credits you don’t use during the applicable period will expire, unless we or the ISP expressly communicate otherwise. If your account is canceled or terminated your unused credits will expire immediately. There will be no refund or payment for any unused amount.
Credits have no cash value or any other value outside of the Katahdin Fiber platform once operational and are not redeemable for cash. For the avoidance of doubt, the credits do not operate or serve as stored value facilities in any way. You may not transfer, trade, gift or otherwise exchange Katahdin Fiber credits. Note that separate from credits, at a future date, we may provide the option for gift certificates. Gift certificates and credits are not the same thing. Unlike credits, gift certificates never expire.
Eligibility. The availability of all or part of Katahdin Fiber may be limited based on geography, age, or other criteria as we may establish from time to time. You understand and agree we may disallow you from subscribing to Katahdin Fiber or may terminate your subscription at any time based on these criteria. For example, you must be 18 years of age or older to set up an account through Katahdin Fiber and/or purchase a subscription. We reserve the right to cancel an account at a later time without notice if an account is deemed to be fraudulent. We also reserve the right to cancel an account if it is connected to the same household or business, if the account is not in a Katahdin Fiber service area or if we pull out of this market for any reason.